View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
VCuomo
Track Member

Drives: BMW 335i Sport
VCuomo will become famous soon enoughVCuomo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon-azz View Post
I'll be honest. I just put these on my 2012 Sport. I drive this as a DD and though they grip really well and the wet traction is one of the best I've had (driven in near tropical storm conditions at 75 MPH) I am not very pleased with how they feel so far. I'm not sure if its me or the tire. For daily driving, they feel like I'm on stilts compared to the tires the car came with. They also seem more "squirly" up front. Perhaps its a much better tire than I'm use to driving with? Don't know but they don't feel as "stable" as the stock tires did...Just my 2 cents so take it with a grain of salt
They definitely feel different than the RE050s. I always thought the RE050s felt "heavy", so I'm very happy with the difference in the way the S-04s feel (and I like that the "crunch" noise is gone when I turn the tires hard right/left). The stiffer sidewalls and harder compound let the tires turn much easier than the RE050s, IMO (that's probably the "squirrely" feeling you mentioned).

Give them a little more time so that you get used to them then let's see what you think.

Last edited by VCuomo; 04-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.
VCuomo is offline   Reply With Quote