View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
You're more bi-polar than I am. We are talking modified cars here.

Evo's make great drag cars, auto-x cars, and road coarse car. I don't see any shop actively trying to compete with a Z in any of those categories outside of Doran Racing.

I think some of you are just posting in this thread to derail my point instead of understanding what i'm trying to say.
Have you even tried to research this car or just upset you miss your turbo?
Look up Fast Intentions, GTM, Boosted Performance, AAM, Z1, etc.

1/4 mile:
official 1/4 mile track times

Quote:
FORCED INDUCTION
1) SharpByCoop --GTM TT S2-- 08 G37S coupe 5AT 11.130 @ 123.93 mph 1.677 60ft DR
2) TerribleONE ------FI TT-- 10 Tour ----- 6MT 11.493 @ 124.32 mph 1.766 60ft ET street
Auto-X most members do not really post much on this forum. There are a good 5-7 Houston members who compete very highly in the local/regional Auto-X but never post here.

Track, spend some time in here: Track / Autocross / Drifting / Dragstrip - Nissan 370Z Forum
Have some great members like Sphon, Wstar, Mike, Travis, etc who are funding themselves & building great track cars. Most are N/A currently and pushing the limits of the chassis and a few are making the jump to boost finally. We will start seeing realistic limits of this car under heavy modifications.

Honestly it sounds like you miss the "big" gains from a factory turbo car, which honestly is going to be any factory turbo car. I see the new ecoboost (turbo) F150 by Ford & people throw on a new intake and pick up 30whp. With a N/A car it will require more work because the car is tuned out most of the way from factory, and honestly if you care so much about racing. Take the car stock to a track first, it will be completely different than any AWD car you have driven. Weight distribution, AWD v RWD, V6 N/A motor, learn to drive the car factory & then start to add mods where you need them to fulfill your racing needs.