View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
Drex
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 370z MB 6MT SP
Drex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Its tough for me to explain it seems. lol

My evo X had 370whp, bolt ons and tune only. My evo 8 had 420 whp with a small 20g turbo. My DSM also had 400whp with a 20g turbo. All built and tuned by myself. Those cars responded so well to mods, handled and drove so FUN. Also, they were great starting platforms. Go to any auto-x, road coarse, or drag strip and these cars can compete with the best of them.

Now, I wanted something new to start with. Part out and trade in my last evo, the 8, and purchased a Z. This is just slightly over a year ago. The Z is a great car. I truelly enjoy it, more than just for its performance. The motor is so smooth. The ride is surprisingly very good. (try driving an Evo or STI, the Z is a BMW compared to those) The car is fantastic. It even gets great gas mileage. I'm contemplating keeping this car for a while, a long while.

I'm getting married in September. I have an appointment with Ignition Motorsports to install a Stillen supercharger in October. But, now i'm wondering if its even worth it. A stock turbo Evo will run circles around this car. The Z performs WELL in so many ways, but it does nothing GREATLY.

I've come to this conclusion. I either need to get my priorities straight and decide what I want from this car. Or move on.
so the problem is factory FI vs NA and the ease of power gains with FI vs NA?