View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Its tough for me to explain it seems. lol

My evo X had 370whp, bolt ons and tune only. My evo 8 had 420 whp with a small 20g turbo. My DSM also had 400whp with a 20g turbo. All built and tuned by myself. Those cars responded so well to mods, handled and drove so FUN. Also, they were great starting platforms. Go to any auto-x, road coarse, or drag strip and these cars can compete with the best of them.

Now, I wanted something new to start with. Part out and trade in my last evo, the 8, and purchased a Z. This is just slightly over a year ago. The Z is a great car. I truelly enjoy it, more than just for its performance. The motor is so smooth. The ride is surprisingly very good. (try driving an Evo or STI, the Z is a BMW compared to those) The car is fantastic. It even gets great gas mileage. I'm contemplating keeping this car for a while, a long while.

I'm getting married in September. I have an appointment with Ignition Motorsports to install a Stillen supercharger in October. But, now i'm wondering if its even worth it. A stock turbo Evo will run circles around this car. The Z performs WELL in so many ways, but it does nothing GREATLY.

I've come to this conclusion. I either need to get my priorities straight and decide what I want from this car. Or move on.
Proof?

If you're gunning for big gains, the Stillen won't cut it. You need to go with a twin turbo setup. You're also comparing a car design to be NA to a car designed with turbos from the factory. From someone with your experience, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand how the Evo is more receptive to breather mods. Also, by your account, I thought whp numbers and dynos didn't matter?