View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Sorry to bring this topic up, but i've been thinking about it a lot lately and its kind of pissing me off. I really love my car and I want it to be the best. BUT, our cars are slow. I'm not talking about stock for stock, as it is a decent contender stock (+oil cooler?), but rather as a performance car. I'm realizing more and more that the Z is more of a GT car than a sports car. Its smooth, looks sexy, and is down right the biggest attention getter on the road, this side of a supercar. But, who wants a stock car?

The manual trans for example, is smooth, but quirky and cannot be shifted fast. And, don't get me started on the clutch hydraulic system. SRM is a joy, but downshifting is only a part of the puzzle. The Auto guys seem to do well, if thats your thing. But, it will never be like a superior twin clutch trans and it will blow if you give it more than NA power.

The VVEL, oh the VVEL. This is the best and worst part of this car. GREAT, if you want to keep a stock car. Real shitty from a tuner stand point. I hope Ecutek holds true to its control. Otherwise, we will all put down less power with FI than the HR motors unless we can figure something out.

I'm just ranting at this point. There is a lot I can say, but it might not be worth it. Some can say to sell the car and get something else, but I cant. There is something about this car. Its such a joy. I fills a great void considering I can't afford a porsche or the like. HOWEVER, it is not a tuner car at all. Evo's, Sti's, and even the BRZ/FRS are leaps and beyonds ahead of the Z in that aspect. I guess, i'm just pissed because I realize that now.

Sorry for the rant.
But, who wants a stock car? Clearly not you. You need a custom car, for which you will pay extra for, but can not afford. Then you rant.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber