View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #27 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeRedZ View Post
ROF, did you see the pic of my Challenger?

It seems to me that Americans buying and modding Japanese cars are trying to do the Japanese thing! I want to do the American thing on a Japanese car! That is why I posted the pics from the Nismo event in San Antonio where folks were actually going from the black, chrome, satin style to something outside the box. I am think about doing the red strip on a black center with a chrome barrel or just outlining the pockets in Z red, black center with chrome barrel. Might be too busy though. Yes got to PC the calipers.

The next issue I will face is loweing the Z, putting on 20x9.5 F and 20x11 R lowered with BC racing coilovers. The offset and camber is what I need to address.
I hear ya bro! Im going with Hyper Blue Volks on my Black Z with red calipers... being different is great but it just needs to look good so its always a fine line when it hasnt really been done before.

I think the red is fine if you go with it but go with a better wheel more JAP car oriented and i think you will be good. Like a Work wheel would pull that look off.

As for suspension- I had the BC's on my 350z and they were great. Install is super easy (you will need to set pre-load in the rear-you can PM me for more info on that when you get them)
I would recommend going with the following width and offset
20x9.5+15 (tire 255-30-20)and 20x11+10 (tire 305-25-20)
I wouldnt worry too much about the camber/toe etc on the alignment, just have a good aligner bring it close to within spec so you wont tear through tires. With the above specs they will be aggressive but they wont rub if you dont dump the car (which i wouldnt recommend)

See pic below- The wheels are WORK wheels like i recommended and are similar to the offset/tire combo i listed above- only difference is the rear is a 20x10.5+0 (4mm more aggressive then above)