View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post

You guys are validating many of my reservations. I haven't owned an American car since the '85 Pontiac Fiero GT I drove in high school. In 24 years since then, I've had only German and Japanese cars (about 9 of them).

If you need to get it out of your system then do it. I ordered a new '08 and kept it for 1.8 years and 13K miles. It was the 56th car I've owned and was on the Bucket list of cars I needed to own before I die. Did some mods (475 hp and suspension stuff), had some fun but the general day to day satisfation and fun factor was just not there. It's a heavy feeling car around town. My first American car in a very long time after lots of German stuff. It was bad for my image....:-) I like driver's cars and the Vette just didn't do it for me. The limits were so high you just couldn't have fun on the street. Sold it last April for $40K, bought car #57, the Z for $31.5 and threw the rest in the bank. Couldn't be happier with the decision....YMMV

Out with the old, in with the new...

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 10-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.