View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
DropTopGal
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Vert (TBA)
DropTopGal is on a distinguished road

Perhaps I can chime in on this one in that I currently drive a 2008 C6, Vert, 3LT, NPP, Nav and a bunch of other goodies. MSRP was about $65k.

Pros for the Vette: (so far) always starts, (IMHO) looks sharp, great power, very good (not great, 4 out of 5) handling when at speed, NPP is very nice when you step on it, passing power is outstanding, spacious for a 2 seater, fairly comfortable seats, cool heads up display, very good upgraded factory stereo.

Cons for the Vette: cheap interior, penny pinching noticable on small things (ie. glove box is very flimsy), about the worst nav display I have seen in a modern car, after 21,000 miles - it feels like it is already aging even with scheduled routine maintenance, wide turn radius - handles like a boat at low speeds, fit and finish NOT on par with cars that cost less. IMHO, the quality, particularly for the price, just isn't there for the Vette. Great power only gets me so far.

Keep in mind, that there are hidden costs for Vette ownership. Vette tires are not exactly cheap, oil changes do not qualify for GM discounts / coupons, overall, most items for the Vette are double / triple the cost (ie. brakes, even wiper blades!). LOL

Vette ownership has been fun for both my hubby and I, and we have no regrets. However, we are looking forward to moving on come March. Don't get me wrong, the temptation to get into a 2010 Convertible Grand Sport Vette is there, but frankly, it will be readily overcome.

Oh, I should add that the 1LT package is so zzzzzzzz (boring). There is no way I would get a Vette without the 3LT or 4LT. To me, a fully loaded 370Z is much more rewarding than a Vette, especially a base Vette.

Last edited by DropTopGal; 10-08-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add line