View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Thanks for not crucifying me for asking those questions here. I appreciate the responses. I really do like the looks of the base C6. The Grand Sport, to me, is just a pretender package to make it look like the version that costs nearly twice as much -- kinda like getting an M appearance package on a 328. So, not that big of a deal to me.

You guys are validating many of my reservations. I haven't owned an American car since the '85 Pontiac Fiero GT I drove in high school. In 24 years since then, I've had only German and Japanese cars (about 9 of them).

I hear a lot about how much better GM is these days. I think the interior is a bit better on the 2009 C6. The price seems to be really right. And yet, I still pause on a Z board to talk about it. Maybe that's telling me something...

I was a complete american muscle guy till my 370 (my distinguished list includes the aforementioned vettes, an ls1 ws6, ls1 camaro SS, and an 06 gto)
The quality of the drivetrain is there; but they still lack in the interior. I finally just gave up. It would be pretty hard to pull me back to american now.