View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #127 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Yeah, you can tell at idle. It's deeper. But it's not an intrusive 'hey everyone look at me!' kind of sound, if you know what I mean. In fact, all you need to is replay this video and listen to how it sounds before I start revving to get a sense of what it sounds like at idle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcv6Sk_G9MY

Not sure if anyone notices when I'm just cruising, though. I've never stopped to ask!
Just to follow up on this thread and as many may already know...I bought the Stillen CBE (no HFCs). It's a great sounding exhaust that for me is the perfect level of loudness without being intrusive. As Semtex stated, at idle it's a low growl that you'll identify as 'not stock' but it's not in your face. On the other hand, it opens up really nicely into a loud roar at WOT. Agreed that it's not quiet as the exhaust note set off a car alarm yesterday while I was going through the garage at 3k RPM . No drone or rasp at all, but this is sans HFCs.

Love this exhaust! I'm amazed it's not getting more attention, but perhaps people just move on to the 'next' thing too soon.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote