View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc1884 View Post
So i decided to look at my rotors today, just because.
When i bought the car i didnt think to even look at them. (no need i thought because the brakes werent making noises and felt fine.)
So my front left, and both rears look and feel smooth. The front right is smooth except for a probably 1/16'' wide score mark that goes around the entire rotor !!!!!!!
2009 w/ 36400 K

What caused it? Will it pass inspection?
Probably happened before i bought the car, right...cause i havent heard or felt anything going on with the brakes since i bought it
Probably a rock or something getting caught. 36,400k miles for rotors isn't all that bad to be honest. If your pad look like they need replacing soon, it might be a good idea to just upgrade rotors and new pads at once. It's a surprisingly easy DIY if you have some basic mechanical skills. If the gouge is deep, I'd replace it regardless of passing inspection.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote