View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #50 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

I keep wanting to buy a 2013 or 2014 911 Carrera S. I keep coming back to what I can do with that extra $100K in my pocket. It's probably why I won't pop for a C7 as well. I love my Z and my C5. I just can't see where a porsche is worth that much more than a Z. For the price of that 911 I can still have my toys and a nice 1/2 acre with a garage to maintain all of my toys. So, I guess until I hit the lottery I won't be owning a Porsche.
I write this while I look at my bank account and say .... why not? Don't I deserve this? Then there is the GTR....
I mean we only live once and we can't take it with us.

Hence the dilemma.....

Yeah, the 911 is sweet and if I was rich I'd buy one in a minute. However, I'd still rather have my Z and other things than a Porsche. In my case, I'd rather track the Z and total it 3 times than buy a Porsche that I'd never track.

To OP: Congratulations. I'm sure you'll have a blast in the Porsche. I wish you many great track days. I am envious and wish you a lot of fast lap times.

Last edited by Mecinoid; 04-18-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote