View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO the head unit is the weak link in the 370z. The factory speakers, even though they look cheaply made, actually sound pretty good (never judge a speaker by its magnet size). And the plastic baskets are pretty common nowadays. (although there are words thrown in to steer you away from thinking "plastic" Like ABS, proprietary, polymer, ect).
Prior to purchasing my front components, I changed my head unit, added an amp and sub, and ran 100 watts to my factory fronts. I was very impressed with how well they handled it, and sounded good doing it.
Matt is right on the money when he says your new head unit will not put out 50 watts per channel. I have'nt seen one yet that will.
My money would be on changing your head first, and going from there.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote