View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
well I bought my berk HFC's used, and it didnt come with any gaskets to go between the exhaust manifold and the cat. Couldnt buy any locally, so i was SOL. Well the guy helping me install them recommended we use liquid gasket, which basically is a tube filled with high temp silicone. We put it on around the flanges/bolt areas, etc, and bolted it down. Mind you, there wasnt a whole lot of space between the exhaust manifold and cat when it was bolted up. We applied the stuff, bolted em down good and tight, let it dry, and I went on my merry way. Anyone ever use this stuff? Do you think it will hold up? The stuff said its good up to 500 degrees, and he says he's used it to connect headers to exhausts before, what do you guys think?
500 Celcius, maybe, 500F - not a chance.

Exhaust temps are around 1200-1400F.

I'd be surprised if that stuff is still there after the drive home....seriously.

Call up Berk, order the correct gaskets, install them, and don't worry.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote