View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #681 (permalink)
alvitdk
Base Member

Drives: 13' Nissan 370Z M6
alvitdk has a spectacular aura aboutalvitdk has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayzee View Post

I was 17 when people around me tried hard to convince me into "reality" - their vision that I will not see a nice sports car in my driveway till im an old fart, at which point ill have family, obligations, and a full time career to hinder any fun, stupidity, and adrenaline that runs through young veins, and any joy from owning such a "toy". Meaning unless I was born into money i should just drown my dreams.

Pffffffffft.

Full time college, electrical engineering major, part time job, unpaid internship, part time job, and a girlfriend of almost 3 years. I'm managing alright

Oh and the Z came after an s2000. Both were my dream cars.
Old fart, really?

Anyway, 44 here, but got married with 22, having 3 kids out of our house and working/college, now it's my time
With 20 I actually had a Porsche 928S4 and people told me the same, on the long run they were right though. Had to sell the car because replacing freaking brakes all the way around was 3000.-, and not even my part time job in college could pay for that. Back than, at least in Germany, no way to buy a car on lease or monthly payment without a full time job, cash was king. You young guys have it easy nowadays, almost everyone can afford the newest and the greatest.