View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Maybe it'd help if you guys define/describe what you mean by "rasp." You know, just to make sure you're talking about the same thing. Stuff like this is subjective enough without having to deal with the possibility that people are using the same word to describe different things, ya know? To me, rasp is a 'tinny', metallic sound. I almost picture BBs rattling around in a tin can. That type of sound. Is that what you guys mean as well?
Tinny BB sound = rasp. Some of the early fitments had rubbing issues that were fixable. I have the Stillen CAI, CBE and HFC. I had a bit of rasp when it was cold when I first had them installed but once the exhaust had been heat cycled several times the rasp is gone. Every exhaust system I've ever had need at least 1000 miles or more to "seatle" in/blow out glass, etc. I think personally with just the CBE would be too mellow for me and that was my main concern with the Stillen - performance gain is excellent but its fairly quiet. With the HFC it sounds fantastic and I get endless compliments on the exhaust. Not only that but people constantly are asking me were you at so-and-so at such-and-such a time. I'll say yes and they'll tell me "oh I thought that was you - I heard your car driving by". I even get friends texting me telling me they heard me drive by "damn that thing sounds sweet", etc. This is a well loved exhaust note! I get compliments from the R8, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc, etc ,etc drivers all the time. Next to the looks of the car that's the most commented item on the car.

I'm happy with it 8)