View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwood View Post
I am probably going to add the JWT cold air intakes (pop chargers) when I hit 10k miles along with a Nismo cat back. In the mean time, has anyone seen any improvement with adding K&N filters to the stock boxes? I have a 2013 w/7 SP AT.
You need the silicone hoses too in combination with the filters. You get a small gain in HP/tq. You don't feel added hp, but you can feel the torque, also a significant improvement in throttle response. The best part about that set up is the small bump is throughout the range 1500-7000rpm. so you're using your little 5-8hp whenever you need it. Not just at mid/high rpm's.

I almost did the JWT with silicones, but i feel the jwt is to high up in the engine compartment. You'll be sucking in hot engine air, not fresh outdoor air.