View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #226 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
Does anyone know if black deposits (almost like a fine black silt) in the bottom of the clutch fluid reservoir is a sign of seals wearing out on my master or slave cylinder? I am running the stock dot 3 fluid. Flushed about 6 months ago.
OK, bought new Dot 3-4 brake fluid tonight and pulled all the fluid from my reservoir and used a small hose to pull from my line to Master Cylinder. Then, I found fine black silt in the bottom of my reservoir also! I wiped it out carefully like the guy in the video I linked to, and then filled the reservoir back up with new fluid. Next time I get a chance to work on my own car I'll get someone to pump and I'll flush the line with that GTR fluid.
I'm not having any problems at all but I'm a proactive kind of guy and I think it sounds like a good idea anyway. I'm only at 12K miles but my Z is a May 2009 baby, so the fluid in there is 4 years old.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote