View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
I've been telling members at Costco for years that the Treadwear rating is pointless and that an actual given and verified mileage warranty is what they should be looking for. They want a Bridgestone tire with a 450 Treadwear rating but no mileage warranty over a 400 rating with a 40k warranty. I am constantly hearing "Oh well this tire has a higher rating so its going to last longer, right?" Well whatever. I always try to tell them treadwear guarantees nothing and if they listen, good for them. Most of them don't care for what we have to say though. It's always fun when they come back and complain about the mileage they got on them and ask about a warranty and it states on our sales sheet whether it has a warranty or not and how long.

Sorry for the rant but yes, a lot of people just assume for every 100 rating, is a 10k guarantee. You can only really compare in the same brand when comparing the number as each manufacturer has their own way of rating it.

How are you enjoying your vacation by the way? lol
Good to know!

Hawaii is great, even the more crowded wakiki beach area, with all the buses and tourists, is still a heaven compared to where I live lol.
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote