View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #208 (permalink)
lbcary 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Sport pkg
lbcary 370Z is on a distinguished road

I purchased the dealers last new 2012 base Sport model with a 6spd mt. I got it for 3500 off sticker with the Nissan 5yr/60,000mile drivetrain warranty, 3yr/36,000mile warranty on basically everything else, plus the Nissan dealership also threw in their "3rd party" extended warranty for the drivetrain to extend to 10yr/100,000miles for free. Then, for an additional 1500 bucks i paid to extend the full electrical system, including the entire fuel injection & the ecu, & most everything needed to make the car run and drive & it also goes to 10yr/100,000miles. I even first checked about mods before purchasing my 3rd party extended warranty , & i got in writing that the only reason they can deny any warranty claim is if it is a direct cause of a modification i made or installed. Since i only installed an aftermarket spoiler, Nismo R-Tune, long-tube, Cold Air Intakes, & the Ark Grip catback exhaust. Even the Nissan service manager couldn't think of anything that could break that would be the direct cause of anything on that engine due to just a catback exhaust & cold air intakes. However he wouldn't vouch for hi-flo cats, & forced induction is out of the question. Especially since u should really get an ecu tune/reflash after all that, which voids the entire warranty i think. So true, long-tube, Cold-Air Intakes, & cat-back exhaust seems to be about the most performance mods u can do. Nissan service manager recommended against custom suspension, unless its Nismo. If my 2012 370Z wasn't my daily driver id definitely do many more mods, but I need it to last, & its definitely a one-of-a-kind car when it comes in stock form, let alone after all the aftermarket mods.
lbcary 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote