View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
djrelic
Base Member

Drives: 09' Touring 6spd
djrelic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrelic View Post
Im currently working on a project with an autogroup and they seem to have a nice Nissan shop with good master techs that have been there for years.

Im having the same issue with my cruise control, and I got the recall letter in the mail for the steering lock as well. Im going to have them check out my issues.

We were re-doing all their Nissan ASIST/Consult III PCs in the shop this week, so techs were pretty happy with the diagnostic tools working correctly. Service manager said it was cool if I stuck around when I drop my Z off and hang in the shop and go over anything with the tech while Im in the shop.

I'll let you guys know whats up when I drop it off on Sunday night.

You know what guys. I spoke too soon and I thought this might have been the case.

I replaced my fob batteries the same day I did adjustments on my RJM clutch pedal. I'd notice when I drive that I'd get the orange key light and cruise not working. One day while driving I put my foot under the clutch pedal and pushed it up and the light went away. I drove on the highway to test if the cruise was the same thing cause Iam more than positive that top switch has to do with position to allow cruise to work. I hit cruise normally and set, nothing no cruise. Solid green light but not setting the cruise. Turned off cruise, did it again with my foot under the pedal and pressing it upward and the cruise control worked.

Got in the driveway this morning looked under the dash and that's exactly what happened, the top button was barely making contact. Did the adjustments, took it out for a spin and cruise control was working. I barely ever drive the car since I got another car for work, so I would've spotted this sooner if the Z was my DD.

Anyways just wanted to share, thanks!

Last edited by djrelic; 04-14-2013 at 01:45 PM.
djrelic is offline   Reply With Quote