View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Bowling Green plant is in danger of closing, although I doubt that GM is going to shed a tear since they want their manufacturing done out of country anyway.

I not only owned a LOT of GM cars and trucks, but I've also owned a Corvette. Made here or made anywhere else doesn't mean crap about the build quality in all honesty. The fact is that their quality control is horrible. Our hood-release sticker was upside down! No kidding!

GM cuts corners. Weld points are sloppy, components are made with cheap plastic when they should be made with metals, interior components are built like snap-together toys to make configuration changes a "snap" although after a few miles over rough road, those parts become looser than a 80 year old hooker. That's why everything rattles at every little bump. They blame their cheapness on American standards policies, health care, OSHA, etc, but the fact is that hardly ANYTHING is built in the US, and even more so, there's almost nobody in any GM plant. My high school had more people in it than a GM plant!

Subjective, yes. But correct, yes. Their build quality isn't an opinion, but it is a problem.

I agree, Corvette's interiors lack big time. The C5's interior felt less cheap, actually. The C6 uses a LOT more plastic on everything. For a 50K car (when loaded with the features you WANT), you're not getting much. GM's trying to make their money back for the retardedly stupid amount of money they spent developing the Vette.

Last edited by Crash; 01-21-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote