View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Next is the rear.

Remove the wheel. Put the E-brake on and put the Z in gear. Remove the cotter key from the axle shaft. Remove the locking piece for the nut. Now use a 32mm socket with a breaker bar, I used an air gun. To remove the axle nut.

Next, Relaese the E-brake, and take the Z out of gear. Remove the brake pads, caliper, and rotor. Remove the E-brake shoes.

Next up is the unit bearing. There is 4, 17mm bolts holding it on from behind. It's tight back there with the CV joint. You can't use a 1/2" drive 17mm socket because of the wall thickness. I used a 3/8" drive 17mm socket with an adapter on a 1/2" drive racket. Worked like a charm.

Note: I marked the unit bearings on top so I how how it goes back on.
I'm at this point right now and I can't seem to get the 3/8" socket to fit in the 4 bolts around the CV Joint....this is a paint. I managed to get 1 out of the 4 bolts. I think i'm gonna take a break for awhile. I also need to get a 6 pt 3/8 17mm socket (socket set). Keep you up to date. This sucks...I took off a lot of linkages and wondering if I should need to take off the whole CV Shaft from the hub.

My front's taken off but I need a vice to hammer it in or buy myself an impact driver to fasten a spacer (which i have) to pull the stud in from the front side.

need to get myself a set of 6pt socket too