Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #178 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togo View Post
I just want to make sure I'm following this all correctly so someone please correct me if I'm mistaken but:

Cobb makes 2 units. One that lets you just upload pre-made "canned" maps. The second one lets you upload the canned maps, OR have someone with the soft ware dyno tune/professionally tune the ECU. The Cobb also allows you to change maps on the fly, 15 seconds I thought I read, including a Valet Map?

UpRev is a unit that comes with software that you yourself can use to tune your ECU.

Technosquare - just reflashes the ECU with their map.
Think there is some unintentional misinformation going on here. You can tune with the Cobb Accessport.

In laymen's terms.......Basically the unit is quite slick in my opinion in what it does and how it does it. The Accessport is basically the gateway to accessing your ECU and a regular computer which holds Cobbs tuning software. Upload what's in your ECU (stock program) into the tuning program on a regular computer and you can change whatever you want. Then download it to the Accessport and download it then into your ECU. That simple.

Also you can log data, reset your ECU, diagnose codes to even log 0-60 and quarter mile times. Slick little pooper.

Now the fly in the ointment....... the tuning program is free (the good news), it doesn't work (the bad news). Still under development but you can change fuel/air, rev limit, top speed limiter, etc. However, you cannot change the timing and for some reason the program is pulling out midrange timing on it own. (a bit more of bad news)

Now ya know.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote