View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Blending is nothing to worry about if done by a pro. It's purpose is to ease the visual transition between the new paint to the old. Often when just panels are painted you'll see a distinct color break even when the paint is very close. Blending into the next panel removes the visual distraction of very slight mismatches. With your color I'd think it a necessity as slight shadings on gray are very obvious. My car had the fenders blended to match the new hood and nose paint. Do you see a problem in this pic? Nope...The repair is invisible. In addition, once blended they will re-clear those panels which will probably result in a better overall paint finish than factory.. From the doors forward now is newly cleared polished and buffed and it's a beautiful job..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 10-08-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote