View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Romulus1
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z Sport 6MT
Romulus1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Romulus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERKNIGHT7 View Post
I just installed the Injens and love them! But, I do not recommened them for a daily driver. If you just drive your Z on sunny nice days like me don't look back. I washed my car the other day and shined a flashlight to look down at where the filters sit and there was a little bit of water. I can't imagine what would happen if I got caught in a big rain storm and hitting puddles. I have a buddy that has the stillens and he likes my injens better because the intake sound is louder and you can modify the fang vent covers on the facia to make it like ram air. Ive also notice cooler engine temps. Throttle response is better and engine revs smoother.
The answer to what happens if caught in a big rain storm is - nothing. Twice I got caught, it was raining sidways. I drove 17 miles home both times from work. Not one issue to speak of. Ive also driven in many other rain situations with no issue.. Also with the car washing. Water doesnt float so it wont magically raise up. A little water in the well means nothing. It'll drain out and thatll be that. Unless you burry your front end in the ocean you'll be fine and if water intake worries you that much. Get the mesh water shields,
Romulus1 is offline   Reply With Quote