View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

I just put the same setup in my 2009 Z also. I swear sometimes the screen "flickers" out, I thought it was my imagination but maybe not. I do like the backup mirror setup now though. Sometimes it seems as if when I go to 6th it jostles the reverse lights ever so slightly but I can't concretely see it happen to make a judgment call. Could be my imagination.
I put it in myself and all the connections are either soldered or RCA to RCA and firmly together with electrical tape holding them together. I know there are no loose connections in my install. I did not connect anything to the "trigger wire" for 2nd video and have it taped off completely. The 2nd video input is not used either, I soldered an RCA to the existing video in PCBA so that when I switch to that source the L & R audio will go with the video signal. I removed the video inputs from behind the extra tray in the console and now have an iPod pinout 3.5mm plug for use with an Apple device, cause that's all I would use for mobile video anyway. I also removed the stupid iPod connector and put the iPod down in the console ( I popped out the drink holder/seat heater panel and put the iPod in on the side) so that I can have iPod music and the 2nd tray in the console. If I'm traveling with my wife we need somewhere to put a second beverage, the door holes are useless unless it's a bottle of water.

Last edited by Fountainhead; 04-12-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote