View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichtz View Post
Soooo bringing this back to life, what are the ideals for 18's at stock height? I was poking around at getting some raijin earlier but now I'm not too sure (I wish I could make up my damn mind haha). If I wanted to stick to 18's what would be ideal? Kenchan was along the lines I was thinking but with 18 and +15 in the rear:
18x9.5 (+22)
18x10.5 (+15)
Tire size I am totally lost.

I want a "slight tuck, but not sunken in" as Chan suggested to minimize rub. I'm also not afraid to use spacers. Any suggestions or pics?
If you are talking stock height with a slight tuck I'm not sure why you are even questioning rubbing issues... It won't happen...
Rubbing on fenders comes from going with a poke (not tuck) in offset setting the wheel outwards from the hub not inwards PLUS a drop.

The above widths and offsets are a "flush" set up. At stock height it may have a slight poke since you won't be cambering in much (stock -1 neg camber)

I'm not sure why you want to tuck the wheels, flush at a minimum so your car doesn't look weak. Just my 2 cents.

Also to answer your tire question- 2 best options for the most common
265-40-18 front
285-40-18 or 305-35-18 rear

Last edited by Volk Z; 04-12-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote