View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys thanks for all of the support. I'm using the nexus now and so far I love it. There are a few hurdles I will have getting it set up but nothing major.

The N7 (figured out this is a short name for it) that I have has no problems with screen orientation I guess they fixed that problem with Jelly Bean 4.2. I am reading up on rooting the tablet but that stuff is was over my head. I may be back for more info on that.

You have convenienced me to use power from the passenger outlet. I will be using an app called tasker to program the N7 to turn on the screen and leave it on when it senses power. I will then have it default to torque for the OBD display.

The reason I went with the OBD MX is for the data rate. It will allow me to use more gauges than the cheaper models. I have read great reviews for it with the next best being the Kiwi. How ever it is 4x faster than it.

I'm going to keep learning the features of the N7, torque, and tasker because they are the main focus of this install. I found some magnets, case, and anti glare screen protector that I like. I will probably order those tonight.

Back to the power did you guys splice into it? Or just use a plug inside the dash? I also have to make sure I get the right charger because I have read, and don't completey understand the N7 has charging issues.

Last edited by Mr&Mrs; 04-12-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote