View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
SgtGoldy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: C63 AMG - LSD
SgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to spot replica Project Kics Lug Nuts

I purchased some Project Kics R40's today. But before I did that I did a bit of research and found out that SoSoRSX from clubrsx.com made a great thread on his comparison of Replica vs Genuine Lugs. Because I read his thread I happily & confidently bought some Project Kics off craigslist (come to find out he was a G35Driver.com member who didn't really even use em. Lucky me). I hope that this helps prevent someone from buying some fake expensive lugs. So here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSoRSX from clubrsx.com
Hey guys I was a victim to ebay counterfeit/ replica/ china fakes for these Project Kics R40 neo chro lug nuts.

I ended up buying some legit lugs and I just wanted to post some pictures and info so no one else get ripped off thinking they are buying legitimate Project Kics lugs.

Left = real / Right = fake

First off on the front of the boxes you can clearly see that the fake box does not have the "neo chro" sticker on the top right.

Next you can see that the bar code on the real box is smaller (square shaped), and the fake bar code is larger (rectangular shaped).

Left = fake / Right = real

Here you can see on the real key socket there is a identification number indication which key you have, the fake key has nothing.

Top = real / Bottom = fake

Here is where you can really tell the difference between real vs fake, the real lugs have more of a darker blue purple color, the fakes have a brighter yellowish color.

Lastly its kinda hard to see from the picture but the tops of the real lugs are kinda tapered, the fake has a more squarded shape.

I hope this post helps people before they purchase some of these lug nuts. I would like to add that I had the replica lugs on my car for about 3 months and none of them broke or stripped. I was only DDing them I dont really know how they would hold up on like a track day.

Thanks!
Fake/ Replica Project Kics R40 NeoChro Lug Nuts - Club RSX Message Board
(Hope SoSoRSX doesn't mind me reposting his stuff. I tried to give him all the credit he deserves )

C63 AMG
LSD - Straight Pipe - EuroCharge v5 - Vossen CV7 - IG: @SuperFastYo

Last edited by SgtGoldy; 04-12-2013 at 02:14 AM.
SgtGoldy is offline   Reply With Quote