View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Well I have posted in a few threads my desire to mount a tablet in my Z for various reasons. After months of research I decided the best tablet for me ( I know some will disagree) was the Nexus 7.

The main things I want to use it for is a GPS, music/movie player, and torque pro for an OBD display. I also want to be able to remove it when I want to. It will power on/off with the car. With the help a few apps this should be no problem. ...

I would like to have my power and audio cords hidden behind the cubby/dash. I am trying to read up on where to get my source of power so it is only on while in ACC or the car is running. I will probably be asking for help with this part.
I've been mulling over doing something similar. Subbed for updates.

Power to the cigarette lighter is off when the car is off. Many ppl use it for GPS, cell phones, and such. It's close to the cubby and pretty easy to get to the back to tap in.

Edit: I don't know how this compares to what you are using, but it's a lot cheaper.