View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Another Tablet Cubby Thread (Nexus 7)

Well I have posted in a few threads my desire to mount a tablet in my Z for various reasons. After months of research I decided the best tablet for me ( I know some will disagree) was the Nexus 7.

The main things I want to use it for is a GPS, music/movie player, and torque pro for an OBD display. I also want to be able to remove it when I want to. It will power on/off with the car. With the help a few apps this should be no problem.

I am pretty much a noob to this kind of stuff so the install will take me some time. I really like the way member Bandit Kaine went about installing his iPad Mini and plan on doing a similar setup. Bandits Thread

I would like to have my power and audio cords hidden behind the cubby/dash. I am trying to read up on where to get my source of power so it is only on while in ACC or the car is running. I will probably be asking for help with this part.

My part list and prices so far are:

Nexus 7 - 249.99
OBD MX - 149.99
(Update 4/12/13)
Asus Factory Cable - 5.60
N45 1/2" x 1/16" Neodymium Magnets x10 - 7.87
Dual 3.1A 15W Car Charger - 10.99
Poetic Element Hard Case - 8.95
Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector 3 Pack - 2.97
Torque Pro (App) - 4.95
Tasker (App) - 1.99
Fiberglass - 5.99
Fiberglass Resin - 11.99
Bondo - 14.99
iSimple ISNI572 - 84.00

Current Total - 560.27

I know im going to need magnets or some sort of clips, I want a hard case for the Nexus, an anti glare screen protector, and misc parts for fabbing the cubby.

I think I will be around 700.00 total once im done and have all the paid version of apps I need. I will post pictures and info as I go.

Any tips to help me along my way are appreciated!

Last edited by Mr&Mrs; 04-14-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Price Update
Mr&Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote