View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZNISMO#704 View Post
Well I have a friend that has GENIII's and art pipes and a straight threw exhaust not sure what it is but when he went to get a tune his ecu didn't compensate enough for the mods and he was dangerously lean. So it is up to you if you only have the ART pipes then I would not worry about it to much but if you have CAI or full exhaust I would. I'm scared to drive my car because I have GENIII's and AAM 2.5 S-Line midpipe and muffler delete. But I have the software just not got a tune yet. So it's up to you if your strapped I saw wait unless you have other mods.
From what I've read and understand, the reason it goes lean is that CAI's will often throw off the MAF readings being fed to the ECU.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote