Thread: Track coilovers
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper42 View Post
What exactly do you have bud?
THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION

I'm currently running Stance coilovers (truetype). At the time I purchased them I didn't have a clue what route I was going to go with my car. So I went the price conscience route. Well come to find out I love these. I've rode around in other Z's with ever sort of coilovers and I still love mine better than almost all the rest. Tein is about the closest to my setup. With JRZ's being the best (but they cost a good bit)and HKS being my second choice if they came in a true type setup. BC ER makes a great custom setup also.

I love mine due to the higher spring rates than any other company besides HKS. Which is needed with our heavier car. The only downside to my Stance coilovers is there not independent rebound/ compression. But I've already talked to Stance about doing a custom setup for about $2200.

A lot of people don't like higher springs rates but that's cause they don't track seriously and just want the greatest road comfort possible which is where KW come in. But as I said I feel all coilovers can work on a 100% track car. But even liike the high end coilovers eventually they will have to be rebuilt. Some sooner than others.