View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
Maybe it's not so hopeless. Last year I bought a 2012 Honda EXLV6 and traded it at the Honda dealer for buyout plus got 500 cash to get my current Z. Sure I took a bath on the down payment oh the Honda but if I hadn't put the extra down I wouldn't have done the deal on the Z because that amount covered what I owed on the Honda. I wanted the Z but not enough to be upside down at all.
Was buying the Honda and then trading it for the Z the wisest decision I've ever made? Probably not but at my age it's a minor mistake in the long run.
Just hang on to the Mustang for a while and be patient.

It's only money and you're young so you have plenty of time - as long as you don't have a bunch of hungry kids and a wife depending on you go for it.
YOLO.
More money is easy to get but NO ONE has ever gotten more time.
I swear to god, "YOLO" is the retarded cousin of "It could be worse". While neither statement is necessarily false they are poor excuses to do ANYTHING. Making a poor financial decision that is foolish at best and credit-crushing at worse is not a decision you make based on YOLO. Hell YOLO is probably what got him in this mess in the first place when he impulse bought the mustang. He's going to waste more time digging himself out of a financial hole; there's a reason there's a saying that time = money. Better that he invest his time in raising that $/hr ratio and buy the car when he is ready and capable.