View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
There's no TSB. The only information is directly from the Nissan Tech line. They have to call and specifically ask about a high pitched whine from a 2009 model year vehicle.

Also, the ECM is usually only covered until 36k/3yr as it's not technically "powertrain" although they may be able to work with you on this.

You should be able to hear it all the time as long as the RPM is past approx 1100. When your foot is off the pedal, it'll usually stop. The noise should be coming from the glove box area.

If the noise seems to be intermittent and coming from behind the passenger seat, it's the fuel pump, which can be loud at times but doesn't necessarily indicate a bad part/failure.
Based on your description it sounds like I have the fuel pump issue. Does that mean I'm SOL on this? I doubt there is any way I can pinpoint how to create the sound and/or get my dealer to hear it.

Also, what was the consensus on the failing of the ECM - do they all fail at some point in time or are only some of them defective? I know that question is probably answered in some thread somewhere, but digging through all the info and old threads is getting tricky.