View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Romulus1
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z Sport 6MT
Romulus1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Romulus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZZZER View Post
I am leaning towards the Injen CAI vs the Stillen CAI cause the Stillen I must make mods to the core support and really dont wanna fool with that if i wanna go back stock. the Stillen says 17 to 18 hp and the Injen says 12 to 15. Any opinions on the Injen? also was gonna go with the Black cause I am thinking the polished will be harder to maintain. Thanks for any input. Mez.
The numbers are pretty much irrelevant. I feel like stillen embellished their numbers a bit. I had the G3's on my G37 and Injens on my Z. I like em both though but I lean towards injen because I feel air flows more freely towards them. Less obstruction between the filters and open area

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Take a look at the Takeda Stage 2 CAI. It is very similar in design as the Stillen G3 and you dont have to make any mods to the core support. No cutting.

One thing to consider with the Injen is placement of the filters. They are low and are susceptible to hydro lock if you drive into a small pond. But if you do not daily your car then you will likely never see a monsoon or flooding on the roadways. So if you primarily drive it in sunny condintions there is absolutely no worries.
The filter placement is only a problem if you drive through a small pond like you said. Do you know anyone who takes their Z through 8 inches of water? I've had the injens for 2 years and daily drive my Z and have had it out in some pretty bad storms with no problems what so ever. The filter placement is no issue

Last edited by Romulus1; 04-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Romulus1 is offline   Reply With Quote