View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a local Edward Jones office and the guy there is really cool and helped me put some money into the market, IRAs, etc. to grow.

I put a little into a Roth and a little more into some stocks - they pull about $50 each month from my account to invest. Pretty much anything I make gets reinvested - I have it set for high risk, since I'm young I could recover anything I lost over time (which I have not put everything I have into this investing, just a bit to get me started).

I'd rather have some of my money out there making me money than sitting in my account and making me maybe $1 and change each year.

That being said, since I went off on a tangent, I don't know much either, but he taught me quite a bit about it to get started and is always there if I have questions, etc.

You may want to look up some local (or semi-local) classes. I have a friend that's done that and he does well in the market.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote