View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Another thing is that Android is constantly being upgraded whereas apple is every 6 months to a year for their upgrades. That being said, its easier to make a platform around Iphone and IOS since they don't change often and they are rigid with their platform and not allowing anyone to do anything to it. I would say that is the only down side to Android are the updates. Good for me and you but bad for developers like Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. since you spend a year on R&D (50-100k later) and Android has updated several times over. Android is the new wave and I think that all the major manufactures should start looking at head units with detachable faces (similar to a tablet) that can be updated via wifi whenever android has an update to keep up with the Jones's.

On a side note I dislike Apple. Their products are beautiful but their business practices are dirty and they are just plain bullys. Anyone that tries to make something similar to what they have (such as pinch zoom) they try to sue them to oblivion. The irony about that is if you watch the lost interview with Steve Jobs in early 1990's he talks about sharing ideas from other developers and even talks about "taking" other developers ideas and making them better.

Anywho ill get off my soap box
Cbtech is offline   Reply With Quote