View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2107 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit79 View Post
So speaking of the big butt look, I'm liking the CF over the SS for more of a subtle, sleeper look. But what I read in the thread is the CF has a more high pitch, "exotic" sound compared to the SS. I would prefer a lower tone.

Running it with the 18" resonator vs. the 12" one should give it a lower tone, right? I plan on sticking with stock cats BTW.
12" resonators with CF Cans - Highest Pitch, Most volume
18" resonators with CF Cans - Slightly Higher Pitch, High volume
12" resonators with SS Cans - Slightly Deeper Pitch, Lower volume
18" resonators with SS Cans - Lowest Pitch, Lowest volume

Adding LTH's to any of these combos will also change the pitch and Increase the volume obviously. I find the LTH's make it a hint more aggressive as there are no cats/resonators to worry about pre-CBE. There is a slight hint of rasp to it, nothing obtrusive. But just enough to let others know you have a straight through exhaust.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote