View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ View Post
There's a member on here, keng714, that made something similar for his car.

Some pictures can be found here, second page:
Work Vs-xx
Thanks OMGWTFBBQ! This is exactly what I had in mind. I think keng had 16 or 18 guage plates and that is exactly what intend to use. Plan on building two of them, one on each side where it is the lowest. I had an idea of making it stick out a bit (about 1/2 an inch) but I will flush it instead. I cannot counter sink so it will be bolt heads sticking out a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waizzz View Post
This is a great idea Rafael, the Porsche 911 guys have been doing this for years.

What I would do is fab up something similar to this that uses the existing bolts for the undertray

Thanks Waizzz. This helps. I noticed these things were chromed. My plan is to paint it black and that's it. My lip has a small crack right at the bottom on it's lowest point and will need to be repaired before I can install these. Simple fiberglass work from the inside of the lip.

This said, if I do this, it protects the lip and makes it resistant to breakage/failure at it's lowest point but transfers the energy elsewhere. I will then have to figure out where that energy will be causing a stress point.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote