View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm using Mobil 1 oil filters and examinations on BITOG concluded that it is most likely the same element, anti drain valve, etc inside a different can, manufactured by Champ Labs.

Notice the 'Y' stamped into the mounting plate of the filter and how it appears on the Mobil, K&N, Champ filters? That's enough to keep me happy but i wouldn't mind trying a Purolator filter at some stage.

I'm also running the longer version (M1-110) but stock oil cooler. Keep in mind the thermostatic sandwich plate will make the filter poke even further to the left but i dont recall any obstruction. The p/s hose near the filter gets in the way sometimes. I just pull it away from the filter slightly when screwing it on - definitely don't want to cross any threads due to the hose pushing the filter a little sideways during installation.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote