View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #52 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ZilverZ View Post
I'm kinda clueless when it comes to gettin' an UpRev tune ...

I don't have alot of mods on my Sport Package ( K&N Typhoon C.A.I., Berk Hi Flow CATS and OEM NISMO exhaust )

Would I need a tune and would it be worth it for this little bit of moddin' and if I did would it void the warrenty ... I've read that yes and no that it would so I'm like

I have the 7 year 100,000 mile extended and would hate to **** that up

Thanks !
Well, I think 99.9% of this forum would say yes as you can see from the responses I got. That's why I made this thread.

Your mods aren't a "little", the general consensus on the forum is intake and exhaust (more your HFCs), you need a tune.

As for the warranty, 70%~ of this forum would say that if you have any issues with your car that you can revert your tune and Nissan won't be any the wiser.
I completely disagree, and I think I've dealt with corporate more than anyone else, and I've asked about all these things as well, so do it at your own risk.
There ARE several advantages with only few disadvantages (cost, warranty loss)

All I'm trying to say is that don't believe all the "wow, my car dyno'd 315WHP, and I gained 30WHP because of the tune!" No, bullshít, you didn't let the ECU recalibrate and learn over time, you did a baseline, added parts, dyno'd again, and then tuned it, ECU still thinks it has stock boxes, low flow cats, and a 1" diameter exhaust. That's why the gains were so high.

Tuning levels out the A/F ratio and such. But if the car couldn't tune itself, you'd get a CEL, and if you do have catastrophic failure, hell with it, revert to stock, and they almost can't know you ever modded your car, lol