View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #725 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
Yeah, I am defending him. Because contrary to what you say, he doesn't "lower his shoulder" into everyone when he drives. That is just ridiculous, he would destroy people every game. Players would be leaving on stretchers. C'mon dude. And if you use the example for when he got his flagrant from hitting Boozer, that was intentional and retaliation for what had been going on all game. It surprised me because a) I had never seen Lebron charge someone like that before and b) I never saw Lebron retaliate before.

And you know what? It was a good thing. 2 years ago, all the hits would have taken Lebron out of his game, and he probably would have ended the game sulking. Now, he is just not going to take it anymore. Good for him, and a bad sign for every other team in the league.

And you know what, how is this any different than Kobe talking about the "dangerous play" on him a few weeks ago, when he landed awkwardly on his ankle because his defender "got to close" when he was making a jump shot? That was a much more innocent play than the intentional hits Lebron takes when he drives to the hole. But they are both right, players should be protected, basketball (for the most part) really isn't a contact sport. I want to see the stars play against each other, not taken out of the game because of over-aggressive physical play.
I agree with these statements. Please continue.
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote