Thread: Read
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naum16 View Post
I believe nissan should be paying for oil cooler, do you think there is any chance if this. It's a sport car, built to kick *** but the temps. firsure limits a lot of Z's out there. Why should we be putting parts on when it's nissans problem. A sports car should be able to with stand this problem. Being a Z owner and seeing nissan do nothing to fix a factory problem really just pisses me off. It's ridiculous but hey they need to make money right. I can't leave my car on for 10 min after I park somewhere or ill be right about 220 degrees. I understand cars are cars and have problems but not being able to drive your sports car for more then an hour or 15 min being hard on it without the oil temp rocketing up is but beyond me . I'm looking forward for the summer but I'm not looking forward to be checking the oil gage every other mile.
I called Nissan the day after I purchased my 2010 coupe in june of 2011. It was brand spankin new with 90 miles on it (drove to another dealership for purchase, deal fell out and car was driven back to original dealership) and was showing hot oil. I was contacting Nissan North America every week for a update on my cooler kit. They GOODWILLED me a oil cooler kit and installed it for free. Ultimately I ended up buying a thermostatic adapter and cooler lines from z1 motorsports. It was almost the same cost as the kit itself.