View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Hey I have a lot of experience with the single DIN Parrot Radio. It's very nice, I like the sound of it, the detachable screen has a magnet holding it once it is unlatched, details like that interest me. It's very "Cloud" based so be prepared to tether like mad for some apps to work. That's what ultimately turned me off to it, was the fact everything I wanted to do required data except iPod and AM/FM, and also no Satellite, really? Not even an option to add it with on screen control....

Google Maps? Data connection *tethering $$$ on my carrier, ATT! Cheaper to just use your phone for Navi. The voice commands will go to the radio over BT. OR you can use a 3G/4G dongle to get the data for the unit. BT works really well, the Parrot module does good voice commands, iPod/iPhone USB control works well, EQ is kind of limited but I could get it to a place I liked. Pre and Sub outs seemed reasonably strong, no problems with my amps, the screen isn't touch *I only have used the single DIN version of the radio - might be a 2 DIN out now, haven't seen it yet. FM/AM tuner worked well. As I said no Sirius or XM compatiblity.
I mostly used my iPhone streaming A2DP during my short commute.

I really like the Industrial Design, aesthetics, large knob, etc.
I could get used to it long term but it's hard to fit a single DIN into any dash these days. I would look at the 2 DIN version, if it is available.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote