View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .c2 View Post
Yup mine are floppy as hell. I had a shop install it and they used 5 screws + 1 beefed up screw on each side, they didn't even use tape. I can wriggle them by hand. So far it's held up fine though after about a month of passengers kicking it every now and then..
So today I took mine off and remounted them. Here's what I did:

Cleaned them & the side skirts real well. Then put 1/2 wide 3M tape ALL THE WAY down the blades. Lined them up with the screws and stuck them on. Then I removed the screws and put a dab of silicone on each one and put them back in. Kind of a Loc-Tite kinda deal.

Now they're probably twice as solid as they were - really don't move with just hand pressure. Couldn't use then as running boards or anything, but I have a lot more confidence in them now. Feel like part of the car vs. something just somewhat attached.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote