View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_Roka View Post
This is the car I threaded about a couple weeks ago that everone was trying to tell me isn't coming out even though I read a new article cconcerning it.

I honestly don't think its bad lookin at all. Its different. And as far as it looking like other cars.
Name a car that doesn't look like or take cues from another vehicle.
The 370z is a hydrid of a 240z n a porsche 911. N the 240z was a rip off of those GT ferraris from the early 60's. Very few original cars today.
There's a twin turbo version of this car and this car also ONLY weighs 2,866lbs..
The N/A version is 220hp/240lbs tq 2,866lbs and a 50/50 weight distribution.
This car might very well be lookin at a 0-60 time of 5.5 and a twin tubo time of 4.4sec
The genesis coupe @ 3,409lbs and 310hp 266lbs tq, V6 gets 5.5seconds on a 55/45 weight distribution.
This car will be almost 600 lbs lighter.
That's like the camaro SS at 3,800lbs 426 hp 400lbstq V8, DOES 0-60 4.6. Quarter mi 13.0
The 370z gets 4.6/13.1 on half the displacement, more than 90hp/130lbs tq deficit. But the cars match in performance numbers. Like the Z against a camaro. The power will die off earlier cuz its a 4 banger. But figure for highway driving. You will probably have enough power to get you to 100mph with sufficient torque. That's not a bad deal. This is lotus inspired engineering as well.
Like the styling or not. This toyota will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm still buyin a Z though. Lol.
Please provide a link or source of these numbers.
I have yet to see any news on the HP or that a TT version is being produced.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote