View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemy View Post
I work here at Porsche, we clear film almost all of our cars at the customers request. We do full hood (one piece), full bumper, full fenders, mirrors, door handles and spot by the rear tires. We charge 1400 installed and it is dam good.

The person who told you cant remove it is full of it. You can pull it hard and just remove it yourself. The paint and clearcoat will be fine. You will most likely be left with some glue on the paint which will need to be cleaned up, just a little bit of elbow grease.. If you want to remove it, heating it with a hairdryer or heatgun, taking care not to overheat it helps a lot..
Does this apply to All brands of clear-bra? I don't suspect what was used on mine is a quality material, and I don't know if it will have the same response to it as a good quality brand like I know Porsche would use.

I'm also worried about having a 2 tone hood after removing it from the different UV wearing on the paint after 3 years and 2 of them in Phoenix sun.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote