View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
carfr3ak
Base Member

Drives: Nissan SUV
carfr3ak is on a distinguished road
Default Stealth Subwoofer!

EDIT****: PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. DON'T JUST VOTE

If you guys have never heard, JL has a product line called Stealthbox. They basically design a vehicle-specific subwoofer enclosure that is:

1. Obviously Stealth
2. Takes up very minimal space
3. Usually will be covered when you use the factory cargo cover.

The con's are that it's a bit expensive, and it comes with a JL sub(which you can always switch out if you like).

Just to give you an idea, I bought a stealthbox for my Xterra and it was $600. For that, I got a tight-hitting subwoofer box that took up basically no cargo room(Nissan Xterra Stealthbox by JL Audio), and I can use my cargo cover to hide it.

I have not seen a Stealthbox on their website for the 370Z. This was the case with the newer Xterra, but one of the forum members contacted JL, and they replied that if there was enough interest, they would build it, so he went back on the Xterra forum and rallied support and got people to email JL expressing their interest, and JL developed it.

What I am trying to say is, who would be interested in this type of product? I know there is the Z enclosure, but that is by no means stealth, and that's just asking for broken glass.

The sub that came with my Stealthbox, coupled with my Alpine PDX 1.600, hurts my ears even at half power, and sounds great also.

Last edited by carfr3ak; 10-08-2009 at 08:20 PM.
carfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote